Being a socially responsible and ethically correct company, Rocholl GmbH adheres to the international Social Accountability 8000 standard (www.sa-intl.org) and expects its suppliers to do the same. The standard is based on a large number of existing international human rights, including all core conventions of the International Labour Organization (ILO), the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Within the international framework of these standards and within the meaning of SA8000, we pay particular attention to
- the ban on child labour
- the prohibition of forced or compulsory labour
- health and safety at work
- freedom of association and collective bargaining rights
- the prohibition of discrimination
- the prohibition of disciplinary measures (in terms of corporal punishment, mental or physical coercion or verbal abuse, hard or inhuman treatment)
- compliance with working hours
- compliance with remuneration
Our business partners agree to ensure that their suppliers comply with these standards within the meaning of SA8000.
For us it is important that in the event of non-compliance with or the infringement of the SA8000 standard, our partners take all the necessary corrective steps in order to improve the situation and meet the requirements within a reasonable time frame. This delay depends on the nature of the action to be corrected. In the event of non-compliance or an infringement without any apparent effort to take corrective action, we are obliged not to commence or, as the case may be, terminate cooperation. In any of these cases we therefore reserve the right to terminate a business relationship, including extraordinary termination if necessary.
Dr. Matthias Rocholl